Blue Man Productions seeks a full-time Production Coordinator to provide general support to the Production Department. You are a little bit Production and a little bit Company Manager. You have a well-rounded Production exposure and background, and are eager to learn more as part of a fun, hard-working team. Detail-oriented and extremely organized. Ability to successfully multi-task, and take ownership to drive assigned projects. Outgoing personality with strong communication skills – both written and verbal. Creative, tactical problem-solver and a dedicated self-starter where no task is too big or too small. Computer Literacy (MS Office) required, drafting skills is a plus but not required.
The history of Blue Man Group originates with three friends, fresh out of college who made a life-defining decision together. Chris Wink, Phil Stanton, and Matt Goldman determined they would achieve lives of meaning and purpose, forging their own road, following their own path. Twenty-six years later, Blue Man Productions is a global entertainment company best known for the award-winning Blue Man Group show, performed in over 20 countries and seen by more than 35 million people worldwide since 1991. A dynamic combination of art, music, comedy and technology, the show’s euphoric celebration of human connection has universal appeal for a broad range of age groups and cultural backgrounds. The show is continually refreshed with new music, fresh stories, custom instruments and state-of-the-art technology. Blue Man Group has permanent theatrical productions in New York, Las Vegas, Boston, Chicago, Orlando, Berlin, and a World Tour.
About The Job:
The Production Coordinator is responsible for organizing and administering all daily operations of the Production Department providing administrative, project and management support on a variety of activities. The Production Coordinator ensures that the correct team of individuals is involved in all production activities and identifies when activities need to involve other departments. The Production Coordinator will maintain a digital resource library for the Production Department and manage flow of information to and from the other departments at BMP as necessary. The Production Coordinator also serves as the face of the department to both internal staff and external partners.
In addition to filing, coordination of meetings, minute-taking, obtaining supplies, and working on special projects, the Production Coordinator answers correspondence and assembles highly confidential and sensitive information that is expected to be safeguarded and shared only on a need-to-know basis. The Production Coordinator will work on problems of diverse scope and will be required to exercise the utmost discretion and judgment within general defined practices and policies, and seek expertise, advice and perspective from the Senior Producer to help identify and work towards solutions. This role may also manage small scale projects (as assigned) under the supervision of the Senior Producer and will oversee parts of larger projects as directed.
This role will be a key player and as such will be required to build and maintain relationships both within and outside the organization and will be imparted to contribute to an enthusiastic and positive work environment and will work towards energizing the team and building moral and confidence within the department and the company as a whole.
1. Ensure that Blue Man Group values and production and artistic vision are understood and supported across the
2. General management and administrative support:
• Implement and manage development process for company projects as directed.
• Compile project files to ensure all materials are organized, accurate, and complete.
• Administrate and maintain department archive and digital library, compiling all pertinent documents, files,
materials from all concerned departments, and updating on an ongoing basis.
• Conduct research and distribute information to production teams.
• Coordinate and maintain the production project list, tracking project schedules, due dates, and deliverables.
• Maintain database of vendors, staff, partner, and freelance contacts.
• Responsible for maintenance of the department calendar.
• Must be detail oriented in all tasks.
• Organize and reconcile project expenses, including the tracking and compilation of receipts, expenditures, and
• Coordinate domestic and international travel arrangements, including preparing itineraries, booking flights, and
compiling travel packets for production teams prior to departure.
• Generate and submit hiring forms, memos, and timesheets as requested.
3. Facilitate meetings and communications:
• Assist with inter-departmental communications and communicate effectively with people at all levels of the
• Facilitate the scheduling of all internal and external meetings for Production Department.
• Send out meeting reminders, book meeting space and ensure that each meeting has a dial in conference call
• Develop and distribute meeting agendas.
• Record and distribute notes for departmental and project meetings as needed.
• Serve as a primary source of communication taking the time to ensure communication is thorough and accurate.
4. Participate in all aspects of the Production Department and assist with additional Production Department duties as
The Production Coordinator must be able to complete the following tasks:
• Required to sit and stand for long periods of time.
• Lift up to 50lbs of assorted props, gear, and equipment.
• Have the ability to ascend/descend a ladder, climb stairs, bend, stretch, reach, and twist.
• Occasional nights and weekends required.
Blue Man Productions provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. Blue Man Productions expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.