The Chicago Production of Blue Man Group seeks a Front of House Manager to head the FOH Department and join our local management team as an expert in customer service, crowd management and overall audience experience.
Duties and responsibilities:
- House Manage a minimum of 8 performances per week.
- Act as day-to-day supervisor to a team of 20+ part-time FOH Staff.
- Post, interview, hire and setup training methodologies for new employees.
- Build monthly and weekly FOH Staff schedules.
- Schedule and approve departmental payroll at least once every two weeks.
- Reporting directly to the Theater Operations Manager, collaborate or assist on any number of operations projects, including planning and co-leading bi-annual rehearsals of our Emergency Action Plan, ensuring equitable employee sharing across departments, and providing periodic leadership for the Cleaning Crew department.
- In coordination with Box Office Management, recruit and schedule volunteer ushers for every performance.
- In coordination with the Group Sales department, prepare for and accommodate large groups, particularly during the busy spring season.
- In coordination with Stage Manager, orchestrate the opening and closing of the house at the start and close of each performance, and troubleshoot any in-show contingencies.
- In coordination with our merchandise vendor, manage the sales, reporting and weekly inventory of all Blue Man Group merchandise sold onsite during performances.
Skills and Qualifications:
- 2 years of relevant management experience required.
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- Extraordinary written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient with the Microsoft Office suite.
- Must be self-motivated, highly organized and able to handle multiple tasks in an ever-shifting work environment.
- Must be able to work a dynamic schedule, including periodic nights, weekends and periodic early mornings.
- Must be able to lift 50lbs occasionally and stand for extended periods of time regularly.
This is a full-time, year-round salaried position with benefits to begin no later than February 12th.
We are committed to building a creative and dynamic workplace that celebrates individual differences and diversity and treats everyone with fairness and respect. BMG does not discriminate in practices or employment opportunities on the basis of an individual's race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, veteran status, disability, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local regulations.
To apply for this position, email your résumé, cover letter, and list of three professional references to email@example.com with “Front of House Manager” in the Subject Line.