To manage all aspects of the video department, leading the department to ensure the desired effect for the production is achieved.
Act as the Head of Video for the Blue Man Group World Tour, including but not limited to the following Key Responsibilities:
- Direct and lead the department to ensure the desired creative effect for the production is achieved and sustained, as directed by the production’s Director and Designer
- Develop a thorough knowledge of all Video Department equipment, specific to the production, in order to ensure safe and accurate operation
- Assume responsibility for the video department and ensure the integrity of the production is maintained, this includes but is not limited to translations and surtitles
- Develop systems, and implement inspection and maintenance procedures for all specialist video; control software; surtitle presentations; equipment and systems; update maintenance and inspection records. Ensuring all equipment and technical staff are prepared for calls as required.
- Ensure that the department is maintained appropriately, oversee purchases, and assume responsibility for the overall department budget
- Oversee and assist in the preparation of all specialist video control software and equipment for each scheduled performance
- At each performance, or production call as necessary, take full responsibility for facilitating the feed to the video panels and screens. Ensure that the live feed and pre-recorded footage are presented as directed
- Assist with the preparation of all schedules for the department, in conjunction with the Head Carpenter and the other Heads of Department, to determine call times, crew numbers and methodology for load in, show operation and load out. Scheduling in a manner that is effective and most economical in terms of time, location, and stage/work-space usage
- Coordinate all preparations for the load-in and load-out at each venue
- Ensure the safe dismantling and packing of all video control equipment, and in the restricted time frame allowed.
- Perform routine function and safety checks. Maintain a safe working environment by assisting in the establishment of safety policies and procedures
- Participate in special projects including promotional activities, translations, surtitles and the installation of new video elements as directed
- Use existing knowledge and experience of the show to adapt the production as necessary to fit within arena and performing spaces, whilst maintaining the creative integrity of the production
- To have knowledge and experience of all show contingencies, and an ability to deal effectively and quickly in all unforeseen circumstances
- All personnel are responsible for ensuring their own and their colleague’s safe working practice. Where issues arise, the Head Carpenter or Production Manager is to be informed.
- Perform other tasks and carry out projects as assigned to you by the Production Manager, General Manager or Producer from time to time.
Aptitude for managing people, intuitive, proactive, soul of discretion, takes initiative, good at problem solving, excellent communicator, good organisation skills and attention to detail, calm, confident, flexible, understands a sense of urgency and a keen interest in travel.
APPLY FOR THIS POSITION HERE.