Act as the Head of Make-Up and Wardrobe for the Blue Man Group World Tour, including but not limited to the following Key Responsibilities:
- Participate in the Make-Up and Wardrobe Load In/Out and assisting other departments when needed
- Direct and lead the department to ensure the desired creative effect for the production is achieved and sustained as directed by the productions
- Ensure the costumes meet the creative aspirations of BMG at every production call
- Assist with the preparation of all schedules for the department, in conjunction with the Head Carpenter and other Heads of Department, to determine call times, crew numbers and methodology for load in, show operation and load out. Scheduling in a manner that is effective and most economical in terms of time, location, and stage/work-space usage
- Assume responsibility for the Wardrobe local crew member in each venue, oversee training, and ensure that the integrity of the production is maintained
- Ensure that the department is maintained appropriately, oversee purchases, and assume responsibility for the overall department budget
- Have a full knowledge and experience of all show contingencies, and an ability to deal effectively and quickly in all unforeseen circumstances
- Execute general repair, maintenance, and/or reordering of costumes as needed, including laundering costumes, crew clothes, and other wardrobe supplies
- Act as the Wardrobe Supervisor for all outside gigs Duties include (but are not limited to) preparing and setting up wardrobe supplies and assisting the performers with their wardrobe and make-up as needed
Aptitude for managing people, intuitive, proactive, soul of discretion, takes initiative, good at problem solving, excellent communicator, good organisation skills and attention to detail, calm, confident, flexible, understands a sense of urgency and a keen interest in travel.
APPLY FOR POSITION HERE.