To manage all aspects of the lighting department, leading the department to ensure the desired effect for the production is achieved.
Act as the Head Electrician for the Blue Man Group World Tour, including but not limited to the following Key Responsibilities:
- Manage and lead the lighting department to ensure the desired creative effect for the production is achieved and sustained, as directed by the Director and Lighting Designer, during the creative development period
- Develop a thorough knowledge of all lighting equipment assigned to the production in order to ensure its safe operation
- Using your knowledge, and the skill set gained through professional qualifications and previous experience, recreate the lighting as designed by the Lighting Designer, at each venue
- Oversee the operation of the lighting console to ensure its operated in a consistent manner for performances, rehearsal and maintenance operations as necessary.
- Assume overall responsibility for the Deputy Electrician, and ensure that the integrity of the production is maintained for every production call
- Ensure that the department is maintained appropriately, oversee all purchases, and assume responsibility for the overall departmental budget, in line with the weekly operating budget
- Maintain a safe working environment by assisting in the establishment of safety policies and procedures
- Prepare schedules for the department, in conjunction with the Head Carpenter, and other Heads of Department, to determine call times, crew numbers and methodology for load in, show operation and load out. Scheduling in a manner that is effective and most economical in terms of time, location and stage/work space usage
- Develop systems, and implement inspection and maintenance procedures for all electrical and motorized equipment and systems; update maintenance and inspection records. Ensuring all equipment and technical staff are ready and prepared for calls as required
- Participate in special projects including promotional activities and the installation of new lighting elements as directed
- Use existing knowledge and experience of the show to adapt the production as necessary to fit within arena and performing spaces, whilst maintaining the creative integrity of the production
- To have knowledge and experience of all show contingencies, and an ability to deal effectively and quickly in all unforeseen circumstances
- All personnel are responsible for ensuring their own and their colleague’s safe working practice. Where issues arise, the Head Carpenter or Production Manager is to be informed.
- Perform other tasks and carry out projects as assigned to you by the Production Manager, General Manager or Producer from time to time
Aptitude for managing people, intuitive, proactive, soul of discretion, takes initiative, good at problem solving, excellent communicator, good organisation skills and attention to detail, calm, confident, flexible, understands a sense of urgency and a keen interest in travel.
APPLY FOR THIS POSITION HERE.